Go to the Governance Profile page to meet your Governors
From the Board of Governors meeting of June 23, 2016
As the Academic Year 2015-2016 comes to a close we have been working towards completing the review and evaluation phase of delivery on institutional plans, goals and objectives and professional performance and achievement.
The review and evaluation process informs planning for 2016-2017 building upon the significant development of comprehensive metrics aligned with the strategic implementation plan through 2015-2016.
Collectively, the Senior Management Team and Leadership Team achieved 20 key deliverables in 2015-2016.
- Student satisfaction is good (EduNova Barometer survey 2016);
- Comprehensive Collective Bargaining with FUNSCAD Units I & II resulting in 30 months of Labour Peace;
- Delivery on the NSCAD Sustainability Plan of July 2014;
- Delivery on the NSCAD Bilateral Agreement due March 31, 2016;
- Tuition Market Adjustment;
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and implementation; Established ERM KPI metrics;
- Comprehensive Policy Review and Policy Framework;
- Major Initiatives Gantt Chart 2016-2028;
- NSCAD Strategic Plan Implementation Annual Reporting Template completed;
- NSCAD and province Outcome Agreements established and aligned with NSCAD strategy and planning documents;
- Facilities Planning and extensive consultations for the Fountain Donation enhancements to the Fountain Campus;
- Space Review and facilities planning to exit Fountain Campus by 2019;
- NSCAD safety update project including key card access;
- Renovations to the Anna Leonowens Gallery and establishment of the ArtBar+Projects and Cabaret Voltaire Atlantiqué and Granville Art Hub;
- Donor recognition event and commitments from new donors;
- Events well organized and attended;
- Full occupancy of lease facilities;
- Improved proactive communications, no ongoing negative publicity;
- Strategic Infrastructure Fund Application (SIF); and
- A balanced financial position 2015-16 and a balanced budget 2016-17
NSCAD has also continued with the BOLD VISION plan: A One Nova Scotia Arts and Cultural Destination. The foundation of this initiative is being built and a number of meetings have taken place. NSCAD President met with the Chair of the Board Symphony Nova Scotia and Chair of the Board AGNS and received firm support for a NSCAD led scoping exercise and information sharing to commence this summer to inform a high-level operational cost feasibility-planning phase. In addition the Executive Director, Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council has also expressed firm interest in joining the feasibility planning for a one-campus facility and collaboration.
Implementation of phase one of the Library Learning Commons is in progress at the Fountain Campus and is scheduled to open in September 2016. This outcome celebrates the culmination of 18 months of discussions, consultations and planning by the NSCAD community.
A four-year memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the province and Nova Scotia’s ten universities was signed on June 22, 2016.
The new MOU is retroactive to April 1, 2015 and runs to March 31, 2019. It states a commitment to improved supports for students around sexual violence prevention and disability services. It also provides guidelines around executive compensation and a clear process for reviewing auxiliary and ancillary fees with students.
A key element of the MOU requires that Outcome Agreements be established with each university. They will include measurable sector and institution-specific outcomes around quality, sustainability, and that enable and encourage transparency, accountability, and alignment with provincial priorities. NSCAD’s Outcome Agreements were drafted and submitted to Labour & Advanced Education on May 18, 2016.
A NSCAD University Board Retreat is in the planning for August 2016 for an informed and fulsome discussion on the progress of the Facilities Strategy. This will enable NSCAD to be ready for the next steps to be taken in the Fall 2016.
The next meeting of the Board of Governors is September 22, 2016 - Regular Board Meeting Followed By AGM.
Agendas are set and circulated seven days prior to each meeting.
To advance an issue to the Board or address the Board, please contact Kathy Connor, Executive Assistant Governance at email@example.com or 494-8114. Items must be received for consideration a minimum of 10 days prior to the meeting date.
Board of Governors
September 22, 2016
September 22, 2016
November 24, 2016
February 16, 2017
March 30, 2017
May 11, 2017
June 22, 2017
September 21, 2017
September 21, 2017
Governance & Human Resources Committee
September 6, 2016
November 9, 2016
January 26, 2017
March 21, 2017
May 3, 2017
June 8, 2017
| || || || |
August 23, 2016
October 26, 2016
December 1, 2016
February 23, 2017
April 27, 2017
May 31, 2017
| || |
Financial & Physical Resources Committee
September 7, 2016
October 20, 2016
January 12, 2017
March 2, 2017
April 12, 2017
June 1, 2017
| || || |
Audit & Risk Oversight Committee
August 31, 2016
October 12, 2016
December 8, 2016
February 2, 2017
April 20, 2017
June 13, 2017
| || All Committees may schedule special meetings as needed.|| |
| || || || |
Board Briefs, May 12, 2016
Board Briefs, March 31, 2016
Board Briefs Sept. 17, 2015
Board Briefs June 25 2015
Board Briefs May 2015
Board Briefs April 2015
Board Briefs January 2015
Board Briefs November 2014
Board Briefs October 2014
AGM 2014 Review and Reports
Charting a Path Forward
Margaret and David Fountain give $3 million to NSCAD
NSCAD names new President
Board briefs September 2014
Board briefs April 2014
Board briefs March 2014
Board briefs February 2014
| || For news items prior to 2014, please go to our Archives|| |
| || |