As part of Traffic: Conceptual Art in Canada 1965-1980
, NSCAD University is hosting a one-day Symposium on Conceptual Art
on Saturday, April 16, 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Bell Auditorium, NSCAD University, 5161 Duke Street.
As seating is limited, reserve your place by registering at nscad.ca
by April 12. A fee of $10.00 /$5.00 for students (cash only) will be charged at the door.
Traffic in Halifax: A Symposium on Conceptual Art9:30 – 9:50 a.m
. Registration - Bell Auditorium10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Keynote Speaker: Charlotte Townsend-Gault, Professor, University of British Columbia
• Presenter: Garry Neill Kennedy, retired faculty member and former NSCAD President.
• Presenter: Ian Murray, Artist, Toronto
• Respondent and question period moderator: Dennis Young, Professor Emeritus, NSCAD12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Lunch 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
• Presenter: Vincent Bonin, Archivist, historian and co-curator with Michèle Thériault of the Montreal section of the Traffic exhibition.
• Presenter: Leah Modigliani, art historian, Toronto
• Presenter: Craig Leonard, Professor, NSCAD
• Respondent and question period moderator: Jayne Wark, Professor, NSCAD and curator of the Atlantic section of the Traffic exhibition
Roundtable / Q&A session with all participants.5:30 p.m.
Closing reception and performance of Ian Murray’s "Keeping on Top of the Top Song." Location: Cafeteria / lounge, 2nd floor, NSCAD University