Novanet Express is a document delivery service developed and used by Novanet libraries (university and community college libraries across Nova Scotia with the exceptions of Acadia and Universite Ste. Anne). If you see an item on the Novanet library catalogue that is loanable but not available in your home library it can be delivered to you quickly and at no charge.
Books can be delivered to the Novanet library that is most convenient for you. Delivery time is guaranteed within 3 business days, regardless of the location of the lending library.
Articles may be delivered by fax (the number of your choice) or regular mail, within the guaranteed 3 business days.
Accessing the item record:
1. Access the Novanet catalogue from home or library computers.
2. Search for an item.
3. Click on the item title.
4. In the full record display, click on "All locations".
5. To order the loan of an item, click on "Place a hold or request a loan".
6. To order a photocopy of an item, click on "Request a photocopy.
If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to type in your 14 digit barcode number, found on your University ID or Novanet card and your password (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) currently on file with the Circulation department.
*If your login is unsuccessful please check with any Novanet Circulation department.
Completing the Request:
1. For a hold, on the next screen, choose a pickup location and click on submit.
2. For a photocopy request, fill in the required fields on the form, choose your delivery method (and pickup library if being delivered by mail), and then click on submit.
1. You will be notified, usually by email, if your request has been filled or cancelled.
2. If it has been filled, you should be notified when it arrives at the pickup library you specified on the form.
Important Note on the Difference Between Novanet Express requests and Hold requests:
Novanet Express requests can only be placed on items held at libraries other than your home library and those items must have a status of "In Library" under Due Date (found in the Location information).
Hold requests are automatically placed on items that have a return date under Due Date. This means that if you submit a request for an item belonging to another library that is out on loan, it will be held for you at that library when it is returned. It will not be automatically shipped to your home library. If you want the item delivered to another library, you will have to contact the circulation department of the library where the item is being held and ask them to change your hold to a Novanet Express request.
Search the catalogue