The Office of Student and Academic Services provides information and advice on academic issues related to your program of studies. The Advisors in the OSAS office are available by appointment.
During an individual Academic Advising appointment, the advisor may:
- Review with the student his/her academic program, courses completed and remaining requirements;
- Discuss program selection (BFA, BDes, BA) and Majors and Minor;
- Discuss course selections, prerequisites, and (if relevant) grades required; and
- Discuss graduation requirements.
Students are encouraged to read the Academic Calendar carefully and are encouraged to take responsibility for their academic goals. Students are expected to make themselves familiar with the university and academic regulations as well as the program and course requirements.
If perusal of the Academic Calendar and of the FAQ’s do not supply the answer to your question, or you wish to discuss your particular needs, contact the Office of Student Services to make a personal appointment. You can either drop in to the OSAS office, or email nscad.ca or call 902 494 8260 to set up a time that works for you.
During peak periods (Add/Drop period, Registration Priority course selection, beginning of semester etc.) advising appointments will fill quickly, so students are encouraged to make appointments well in advance.
Contacting an Advisor Directly:
- Students with Family Names starting with letters A-K: Email: nscad.ca Phone: 902 494 8194
- Students with Family Names Starting with letters L-Z: Email: nscad.ca Phone:902 494 8124
- New Foundation Students, Graduate Students, PBAC and VAC Students: Email: email@example.com Phone: 902 444 7213
PROGRAM SPECIFIC ACADEMIC ADVISING
If you have questions regarding a specific program you are also encouraged to meet with the Division Chair who coordinates that specific area. They can offer the expertise and experience you are seeking. Contact information for the Division Chairs can be found here.