Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Navigate to the Western Union GlobalPay for Student website
Step 2: Provide Student / Payer Information
- Complete the required field on Western Union's website (Student's NSCAD University ID number, Student's first and last name and email address), the other fields are optional. Select NEXT.
Step 3: Enter Payment Details
- Enter the amount you wish to pay in Canadian dollars and select NEXT.
- Select the currency that you would like to pay in from the drop down list. You will notice on the right-hand side that you now see the amount that you will be paying in the currency selected. Select NEXT.
- Select the checkbox if you would like to receive the payment instructions via email.
- Complete other fields as listed if payer is not the student then select NEXT.
- Review conditions and select the checkbox, the select SUBMIT.
- NOTE: You may need to temporarily allow pup-ups on your computer in order to view the payment instructions.
Step 4: Bank Transfer
- Print your payment instructions and make the payment. For most countries this will be by wire at your bank.
- Instruct your bank to wire transfer funds to the Western Union bank account indicated on your payment instructions.
- The reference number on the payment instructions is very important. It MUST be included on your payment in order for the funds to be correctly and promptly applied to your student account. A reference number should NOT be used more than once. If you are making a second payment, or have a quote that has expired, please go through Steps 1-3 again to get new payment instructions with a new reference number.
- The payment must be sent within 72 hours of the quote or Western Union shall use the current exchange rate to convert the currency. The expiry of the quote is indicated on the bottom of the payment instructions that you have printed.
Step 5: Payment Finalized
- While the transfer is in progress your account will continue to show the outstanding amount.
- NSCAD University will post the Canadian dollar equivalent to your student account, generally two to five days after your local bank initiates payment.