Recognizing NSCAD students for their outstanding work.
NSCAD University is proud to introduce the NSCAD Student Art Awards. This celebration of achievement rewards talented NSCAD students with one $5,000 Purchase Prize, and nine $1,000 best-in-category prizes. The grand prize winning artwork will also be added to the President’s Art Bank, part of NSCAD University’s permanent collection. This builds upon the 10-year legacy of the Starfish Student Art Awards, which were generously presented by Starfish Properties. The gala event has been postponed – new date to be determined.
Applications Now Open for the 2020 NSCAD Student Art Award
Deadline: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 4:00pm
Overview of Eligibility:
- Students CURRENTLY registered in a FULL-TIME degree program OR were registered in SUMMER or FALL 2019 SEMESTER as a FULL-TIME degree-program student.
- Work must be created at NSCAD since May 2019.
- The competition is open to students at all levels. Foundation students, Intro Level, Intermediate Level, Advanced Level and Graduate Students are all welcome to apply.
- The work fits in one of the following ten categories:
PAINTING, SCULPTURE, DRAWING, PRINTMAKING, PHOTOGRAPHY, FILM, INTERMEDIA, CERAMICS, TEXTILES, JEWELLERY AND METALSMITHING
- Students are responsible for submitting the online entry form and uploading the required support material through Form Portal.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Student must include a brief artist’s statement and description of the work (100 words max).
- Students will indicate on their application if the work is available for sale.
- Applications are for a single artwork, or multiple works if the intention is to regard a series as a single work.
- All work (or works in series) must be exhibition ready and available for installation by April 24 and collected after the event by May 11. Students are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of their works.
If you have any further questions, please contact Melanie Colosimo at firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair of the NSCAD Student Awards Committee.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION!