Externally funded research has expanded significantly in the past few years, and with this growth comes an increased demand for a variety of services. The Office of Research Services provides assistance to the NSCAD research community by:

• Providing information on sources of grant funding
• Promoting grant applications and contract proposals by NSCAD faculty
• Supporting project planning, proposal development and project coordination
• Processing requests for research funds
• Representing NSCAD in negotiations between research sponsors and faculty
• Arranging acceptance of funds for sponsored research
• Processing all research-related transactions (travel claims, reimbursements, equipment purchases, etc)
• Assisting in the organization and presentation of collaborative research ventures
• Acting as a liaison between researchers and NSCAD administrative departments
• Assisting with ethical and environmental considerations for research projects
• Assisting with the development of research policies and procedures
• Preparing all financial and outcome reporting to research sponsors
• Promoting research within and beyond the NSCAD community

Research Support Fund

The Research Support Fund assists Canadian post-secondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment.

In 2016-2017, NSCAD University received $107,755 through the Research Support fund, formerly known as the Indirect Costs Program. In 2017-18, NSCAD will receive $94,362 which we are committing to support research at NSCAD. This includes the funding of a research officer (part-time, term-limited appointment), library resources, research facility maintenance, accreditation and regulatory adherence. The Research Support Fund provides much needed support to the research infrastructure at NSCAD.

Internal Funding

Supported through SSHRC’s Institutional Grants program, NSCAD provides seed funding for faculty research projects through an adjudicated application process. Inquiries on the application process can be directed to the Office of Research Services.

A fillable PDF file can be accessed below. Please complete the form electronically. To submit the completed form, either print a hard copy to deliver to the Office of Academic Affairs and Research or click on ‘submit’ at the top of the form.

External Funding

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)