Access and Privacy
Access to Information
Access to information requests and COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, NSCAD University has transitioned to virtual operations. We appreciate your support and understanding at this time.
NSCAD University is committed to protecting the privacy of students, staff, faculty, alumni, and visitors. As a public body, NSCAD University is governed by the Nova Scotia Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy (FOIPOP) Act, which provides access to most records under the control of the university while protecting the privacy of individuals.
How to submit a FOIPOP access request
As recommended by the Nova Scotia Information and Privacy Commissioner, applications for access to a record may now be submitted electronically to Anne Masterson, Academic Affairs Officer and FOIPOP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please continue to mail in the mandatory $5 application fee.
An applicant may request access not only to records containing their own personal information, but may also request access to general records of the university. The FOIPOP Act requires NSCAD University to release requested records, subject to limited exceptions.
- submit a FOIPOP access request completing the university’s FOIPOP access request form and send it via email, fax or post; or
- create your own written submission in an email, fax or post ensuring it contains the following information:
- your full contact information: First and last name, address, phone number, and email.
- details of the records/information you are seeking. To limit delays in the processing of your FOIPOP access request, be as specific as possible and include the beginning and end date of the records sought.
Requesting personal information
- If you are requesting your own personal information, it may be possible for you to receive it directly from the office that holds your information. Please ask for it form the relevant office prior to submitting a FOIPOP Access Request.
- A FOIPOP Access Request for personal information must be signed and must include a copy of a government issued photo ID for proof of identity.
For further information about access to information, please contact Anne Masterson, Academic Affairs Officer and FOIPOP Coordinator at
Mail: NSCAD University
5163 Duke Street, Halifax,
NS B3J 3J6
Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained on this website, NSCAD University does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy thereof. Anyone using the information does so at their own risk and shall be deemed to indemnify and hold NSCAD University harmless from any and all injury or damage arising from such use. Only official documents published by NSCAD University are authoritative.
NSCAD University encourages you to inquire within the appropriate department for the most up-to-date information.
NSCAD University does not control any third party websites and is therefore not responsible for the content of any linked websites or any link contained in any linked website. NSCAD University provides such links only as a convenience, and the inclusion in this website of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation, or verification by NSCAD University of the linked website or any information contained therein.
Personal information collected on this Web site or through email will be used by NSCAD University to provide you with information about the university, to improve the quality of our services and for statistical purposes. No personal information will be made available to third parties except as required by law, in the event of an emergency, or with your permission. Submission of personal information is voluntary.