NSCAD’s Creative Entrepreneurship Lab (CEL) is hosting the first university trade fair in Nova Scotia with a focus on the creative sector.
March 4, 2022, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. AST
NSCAD’s Port Campus
1107 Marginal Road, Halifax NS
The Creative Workers Expo will bring NSCAD students, alumni and underrepresented communities together to explore creative entrepreneurship within a day of learning sessions and informational exhibits.
CEL will also launch the TD Financial Literacy program for Creative Entrepreneurs at the Expo. These workshops, led by successful creative and business practitioners, will offer flash mentorship, financial literacy, and skill-building in small groups, providing plenty of opportunity for conversational learning and networking.
- How to come to terms with the fact that you are going to be a self-employed person who has to wear a suit to work
- How to make it (while you fake it): A creative’s guide to working with imposter’s syndrome
- How to prepare proposals for grants & calls for submissions
- How to produce a collaborative project
- How to turn your social media audience into paid work
- How to use podcasting and other storytelling to enhance an art or design practice
The free programming is open to all, however the workshops above will have a participant cap.
The Expo will offer an opportunity for exhibitors (arts and culture organizations, creative business initiatives, incubators, not-for-profits and creative talent recruitment) to network, meet, and engage with the wider arts community.
Participants will witness the vibrancy of our creative sector and learn about the organizations that support creative workers and their professional development, as well their career options and funding and exhibiting opportunities.