2023 - 2024 Registration
Registration for the 2023 summer, 2023 fall and 2024 winter semesters will open for all students with active programs on Friday, March 17, 2023 at 9:00am AT.
Visit the Self-Service Portal to view the Course Catalogue and plan your courses for the upcoming academic year.
We highly recommend that continuing students register for classes when registration opens. Early registration gives you an excellent chance to register for courses that are mandatory as part of your degree requirements, and it helps ensure you and your classmates remain on track to graduate. Courses may be cancelled after August 1 due to low enrolment, so it is your responsibility to register before this date.
Any current continuing students who register for their Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 classes before June 1, 2023 will be entered into a draw to win one of ten gift cards to the NSCAD Art Supply Store. Be sure to register early for your chance to win! If you need help with registration, reach out to our advisors in the Office of Student Experience. We’re always happy to help!
All registration information related to the 2023 – 2024 academic year is outlined below, including important dates, registration instructions and academic advising information. Please review the information carefully.
Newly accepted students who are starting in summer 2023 or fall 2023 will be contacted by an academic advisor starting May 15, 2023.
- Students who have previously taken courses at NSCAD as a non-degree student or a visiting student are able to register through Colleague Self-Service or by contacting their academic advisor.
- Students who require academic advising are strongly encouraged to register for courses as soon as possible. Please do not wait to register until after your advising appointment as some courses fill up quickly. Registrations can be changed during your advising appointment or at any point prior to the start of the semester.
- When contacting your advisor, please:
- include your NSCAD student ID number
- consolidate all questions into a single email whenever possible
Please consider dropping in at one of our advising locations during Academic Advising Week (March 6 – 10, 2023) if you have questions about choosing and registering for classes.
Returning and upper-year students are encouraged to review the step-by-step instructions on the course search and registration functionality in Colleague Self-Service, making sure that courses for which they registered are listed in green with the notation “Registered”. A video tutorial is available as well.
Students who have problems accessing Colleague Self-Service should visit the Troubleshooting Login Issues page.
Students who have a financial hold will be unable to register until their financial hold has been removed. Please email Student Accounts with any questions that you may have about your tuition.
Upper-year undergraduate students and undergraduate students who have completed most of their Foundation program (more than 18 credits, including FNDN 1010, 1100, 1200 and 1800) may contact one of the following advisors:
PBAC and VAC Students
To be confirmed.