NSCAD is thrilled to be returning to predominantly in-person learning for the fall 2021 semester while continuing to deliver a catalogue of online courses. We look forward to welcoming all international students travelling to Nova Scotia to study with us!
Please remember international students must meet all federal and provincial requirements for travel, which are regularly being updated.
International students who require a letter for their visa application should submit a request for a Confirmation of Enrolment letter (submit required form). Those who require additional information (e.g confirming courses are in-person, etc.) should indicate the specific requirements in the ‘comments’ section of the Confirmation of Enrolment form.
All international students planning to travel to Canada to attend classes at a post-secondary institution must know the following:
- The Nova Scotia Safe Check-In must be completed every time international students wish to come to the province.
- Quarantine may not be required for international students who meet the following requirements:
- they are eligible to enter Canada
- they are asymptomatic
- they meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers
- they meet all other entry requirements, including entering your information in ArriveCAN before arrival
- International students are eligible to receive a vaccine in Nova Scotia, even if they do not have a Nova Scotia Health Card (visit https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/vaccine/#getting-the-vaccine for more information)
If a student does not meet quarantine exemption eligibility and a 14-day quarantine period is required, it must be overseen and arranged by the post-secondary institution at which the student is enrolled. For post-secondary institutions without their own residence facilities (like NSCAD), the school must directly ensure oversight of the quarantine process.
International NSCAD students requiring a quarantine (who have been accepted for admission and have their NSCAD network username/email address and password) must choose between:
- completing their approved 14-day quarantine period at either the Sheraton Four Points Hotel Hotel or the Halifax + The Barrington Hotel in Halifax (submit required form)
- completing their approved 14-day quarantine period in their local residence in Halifax (submit the required form)
The starting price for the room, transportation to the hotel and three meals per day is CAN $1,839.27 (taxes included).
For more information or questions related to studying at NSCAD as an international student, please contact the Office of Opportunity and Belonging at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in fall 2021!