Recognizing NSCAD students for their outstanding work.
The Starfish Student Art Awards highlights the work of exceptional NSCAD students across ten visual arts disciplines. Established by property developer and art collector Louis Reznick, the winning artist receives a $5,000 purchase prize and their artwork is added to a special section of the permanent President’s Collection. Nine finalists receive $1,000 each.
Online Application Form Available
Deadline: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 4:00 pm
The winners will be announced at a gala event on April 25, 2019 at the Port Campus.
Overview of Eligibility:
- Students CURRENTLY registered in a FULL-TIME degree program OR were registered in SUMMER or FALL 2018 SEMESTER as a FULL-TIME degree-program student.
- Work must be created at NSCAD since May 2018.
- The competition is open to students at all levels. Foundation students, Intro Level, Intermediate Level, Advanced Level and Graduate Students are all welcome to apply.
- The work fits in one of the following ten categories:
PAINTING, SCULPTURE, DRAWING, PRINTMAKING, PHOTOGRAPHY, FILM, INTERMEDIA, CERAMICS, TEXTILES/FASHION, JEWELLERY AND METALSMITHING
Students are responsible for submitting the online entry form by FEBRUARY 5, 2019 at 4:00PM
No late applications will be accepted.
- Student must include a brief artist’s statement and description of the work (100 words max).
- Students will indicate on their application if the work is available for sale.
- Applications are for a single artwork, or multiple works if the intention is to regard a series as a single work.
- All work (or works in series) must be exhibition ready and available for installation by April 16 and collected after the event by April 26. Students are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of their works.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION!